About Diabetes Tasmania
Diabetes has become one of the most significant health issues facing our community. Seven more Tasmanians develop the disease every day and the impact of the disease on our community is overwhelming.
Our organisation is working to assist Tasmanians living with diabetes. We do this by providing high quality diabetes education throughout Tasmania and work in partnership with state and federal governments and other organisations.
We use best practice clinical methods and professional clinicians to deliver our health services. Our Board of Governance and our Management Team are all skilled and experienced professionals and provide excellence in their fields of expertise. Our endeavours are ably supported by our professional and skilled staff, augmented by our strong team of volunteers.
For further reading about our organisation and our operational activities please read our current Annual Report. To see our strategic direction plan for 2016 - 2018 please click on the menu link to the left.
Diabetes Tasmania is committed to continually improving the quality of its systems in order to achieve its purpose and strategic directions. We strive to meet the needs of our customers and our people. The following Quality Objectives are our focus:
1. To be recognised as a reputable, quality organisation.
2. Continuous quality improvement by engaged, competent and qualified staff.
3. To be relevant and understood by our customers.
Diabetes Tasmania holds certification for Quality Management System – ISO 9001-2015 for the provision of education and support services, awareness and advocacy for the diabetes community.
Our Customer Service Charter
We work with our community to prevent and reduce the impact of diabetes.
You can expect us to: You can help us help you by:
* respect, listen and treat you fairly * giving us enough information so we can help you
* communicate clearly * asking questions if you are not sure
* be courteous and culturally sensitive * being respectful and courteous
* respond to you promptly * giving us feedback in helpful ways
* protect your personal information
* be well trained
* seek your feedback
* recognise and support your needs
* work to improve our services